none
bts2013 wcf sqlbinding solicit response - routing scenario

Question

• We poll a database for information that acts as a trigger and that trigger is sent to a sendport that is a solicit-response port using wcf-custom sqlbinding.The response is all the infomation we actually need.  We get the response back and it is then translated and sent to another system through 2 sendports (message is sent depending on data inside the message  fe status completed or started)  I had forgotten to create a sendport for the statusmessages I don't want , fe  status PAUSE.

Everything is done just by routing , no orchestration.

What I see now is that for the PAUSE-status I get an error in the suspended non-resumable queue because of 'no one is listening to this message'. No problem but I would have liked to see the responsemessage in the suspended resumable queue. That way I can reprocess them properly when my sendport/filtering is OK.

My main concern is that if valid messages end up in error for some reason (fe unenlisted a sendport) I won't be able to reprocess them after solving the problem....

What am I missing?

Kind regards Isabelledc

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:56 AM

All replies

• But if you don't want the PAUSE message, why not just route them to null?
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:09 PM
  • Hi isabelledc,

If send port is un-enlisted means there is no active subscription 

• In above scenario you will see Suspended (not resumable) service instances in the Admin Console

If send port is enlisted (but stopped) there is an active subscription

• In this scenario you will see Suspended (resumable) service instances in the Admin Console.

I hope my reply helps you.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:07 PM
  • my problem isn't so much with the messages I don't want...it's the fact that messages that I do want to treat but can't be routed because sendports are unenlisted f.e.  or the filter is wrong (it's human to make errors...)  can't be found in the suspended messages. So I can correct the filter or start the sendport and resubmit the message...

Kind regards Isabelledc

Monday, February 6, 2017 10:45 AM