Problem Building App Package

Question

• I'm quite new to Windows Store development, and am trying to build my first app package in order to test my app on a Surface RT. 

I'm having a problem with image resources: the Assets directory for the project contains the file I'm using for the logo, this is referenced in the manifest file, and appears as the logo on the home screen. When I try to build the app package, however, I get the error "APPX0703: Manifest references file 'Assets\calc.png' which is not part of the payload."

Any hints as to what I need to do in order for it to include the file will be very welcome!

jt

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• Something to check:

Click on the file in the Solution Explorer and in the Properties Window make sure the Build Action is 'Content'.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Hi julian-ty

Check whether your calc.png is added to the solution explorer as well as in the project appropriately. Make sure, the file also available in the desired directory.

If possible, you can share a bit more information like the xaml code of your Package.appxmanifest file.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:59 PM

All replies

• Something to check:

Click on the file in the Solution Explorer and in the Properties Window make sure the Build Action is 'Content'.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Hi julian-ty

Check whether your calc.png is added to the solution explorer as well as in the project appropriately. Make sure, the file also available in the desired directory.

If possible, you can share a bit more information like the xaml code of your Package.appxmanifest file.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:59 PM