none
Move documents inside folder with SharePoint designer

Question

• I have a Document Library with Folders. The Folders are having properties ( it's a custom content type).

In each folder there are serveral documens.

When I set the property (e.g. Archive=true). I need to pickup the items inside the folder and move the documents to another document library.

How can I archive this with SPD Workflows?d

Kind regards, Leon

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to move documents to another library if property value equals to a specific value?

Designer workflow can achieve your requirement.

You can create a designer workflow and set it started when an item is changed:

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 20, 2017 10:23 AM
  • I need to move documents to another library when the bool Archive is set to true. The documents have also some other metadata. The destination libary has the same columns.
    I can edit/update the columns using SPD workflow, I can move documents to another library like you gave in your example.

But for me the diffecult is how to move Multiple documents at once, which are saved inside a FOLDER in the document library. Example:

Doc Libary: 'Source'
          Folder:      Customer                  metadata: Archive = yes
              File:            Customer1.docx
              File:            Customer2.docx

Folder:      Prospect
              File:            Pros1.docx
              File:            Pros2.docx     

When 'archive = yes' is set on folder 'Customer', then I need to move Customer doc 1&2 to an archive document library 'Archive'.

Kind regards, Leon

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:31 AM