none
How to delete one instance of a recurring event after that instance was edited?

Question

• Issue: After setting up a recurring meeting, then changing the time of a single event, I cannot later cancel (delete) that event.

Editing a single occurrence of a recurring event causes a new recurring events list item to be created based on the updated information. The new event is still associated with the original series but is presented separately. If the new event is deleted, an event with the original time is re-created in the series. This re-created event cannot be deleted.  Steps:

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:21 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, March 05, 2010 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After editing an instance of a recurring event, it will create a recurrence exception in All Events view. If you delete instance of a recurring event, it will create a deleted instance of a recurring event which title is prefixed with “Delete” in the ALL Events view, and is hidden in the Current Events and Calendar views. If you delete the deleted instance of a recurring event, it will create an event with the original time in the series. You should the single instance in Calendar view manually.

Let me know If I misunderstand you.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Tuesday, March 09, 2010 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

I have come into the same issue. Do you mean that I need to change the calendar view?

Thanks

Courtney

Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Ah.. Ok. Yes, Xue-Mei Chang is right.

If You delete one of the recurring items and then change  view to "All events" - You will see that new item is created and marked as "Deleted - YourTitle". Delete both these tasks

• Edited by Rockie_ Friday, April 21, 2017 1:59 PM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 1:58 PM