Can Windows Developer Preview CharmBar be customized?

Answers

All replies

• If you refer to start Charm, in this version there is no interface to customize it. Could you explain what are you expecting and how would you like to customize it?

It could be a good feedback for future release.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:59 AM
  • wyz_99,

You currently can't customized Charms on Windows Developer Preview.  Don't know if that will change in future release.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Another question:

Except "wifi status", "battery level" and "time",  can I add other notifications into the notification area of the charm. see the picture below, the notification area is marked by red circle.

Friday, November 25, 2011 8:31 AM
  • In this version you couldn't do that, same answer as Eric. Since this forum will monitor by Windows Team, if it is consider in requirement it might add as feature , but we have to see. Nothing is sure for now.
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Thanks.

Since I can't add item into the notification area of the charm,  can I change the exsited  items' status, such as the level of the battery,  the connect/disconnect status of the wifi ? Are there APIs in win8 to do this?

• Edited by breeze916 Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:23 AM
  • I have a similar question, then Can I customizing the charm->settings, for example , change an icon for network status?  or add an icon for another function? thanks a lot! 

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:22 AM
  • As direct setting it is not possible yet and in other version of Windows , you couldn't change icon in notification area directly. There could be some way using shell command or registry but there is not customizable way to do that with current UI.

Why you want to change the icon anyway?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Thanks for your reply!

I want to add an icon here for sth. such as bluetooth,  is there APIs I can use?    If not, you said using shell command or registry could change icon, could you please list the detail steps? I didn't find it. thank you very much!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:44 AM