none
How can i read/get the custom properties of mail item using EWS Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using office JS api ver 1.1 to create a compose mail app.I have created the custom properties using the MSDN article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp161021%28v=office.15%29.aspx). Before sending the mail item, I am adding custom property to the mail item and it is saving to the mail item.

I have a windows service. In this service i am reading the mail items from the InBox and checking for the saved custom properties.I am using  EWS Web Service (Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices) to read the Inbox items. I am unable to find my custom property in the EmailMessage class.

FindItemsResults<Item> findResults = service.FindItems(WellKnownFolderName.Inbox, sf, view);
                foreach (EmailMessage i in findResults)
                { //My Code here}

I have some queries on this approach..

1.Is it possible to read custom properties of a mail item(assigned using JS API) using EWS Web Service?

2.If not How can i assign the custom properties to the compose mail item using EWS/Office JS API 1.1 and read this property value using EWS Service dll.

Regards,

Kiran

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:53 AM

All replies