Sound from Phone's External Speaker RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a WP7 app that plays music.  While running the app in the emulator, the music is audible from the PC's speakers.  When publishing the app to my phone (Samsung Focus), however, the music is not audible. 

I have the sound turned all the way up on the phone and I can hear the "typing" sound from the phone's external speakers when I use the keyboard.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies

• Found it: if I unplug the USB cable from the phone and restart the app, the sound from the external speakers works.  Odd.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Or you could close Zune and run wpconnect.exe so that you don't need to disconnect the phone.

When the phone is connected to the computer and Zune is running you rmedia library is locked. You also can't use the Marketplace application. WPConnect.exe allows the computer to connect to the phone without those other components becoming locked. I understand this may change after Mango. 

Search these forums for wpconnect.exe or see the documentation for more information.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:18 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

I keep hearing great things about Mango.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Odd, I can't get the audio in my app to work at all now (connected via USB or not).  The audio works fine in Visual Studio and I republished to the phone.  I also tried deleting the app from the phone and republishing again.  The last thing I tried was restarting the phone.

Audio works fine in the app in Visual Studio, but not on the phone.  Other sounds on the phone (outside of the app) work fine.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:37 PM