Annoying "File Changed" when saving RRS feed

• Question

• User-27370336 posted

I keep on getting a "File Changed" prompt with the option to reload or ignore the changes everytime I save in WebMatrix (V3). I can't find an option to turn it off. It happens with all files (css, cshtml, etc.). Are you guys getting this prompt too? How do you turn it off?

Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:18 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi davidsa

No, I just have one instance of WebMatrix open and the files are not open in any other program. Here's what I've tried but to no avail:

1. Restart Computer

2. Open WebMatrix > Select Website > Run Website (locally)

Everytime I make a change to a file in WebMatrix and save the file - I get the File Changed popup. It even happens if I just save to an already saved file.

According to the description above, I would doubt whether you install WebMatrix 3 properly, please check whether there is something wrong with your WebMatrix 3, or you can try to create a simple application in WebMatrix 3, and check whether it is fine,

For detailed information about WebMatrix 3: http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

hope it helps,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:17 PM

All replies

• User1759999623 posted

Are you changing the file directly or is it being changed by some other process?  If it's from a different process, then keeping the file closed will prevent the prompt from occurring.

Friday, July 5, 2013 12:40 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

Do you have more than one instance of WebMatrix open, or is the file open in another application?

Friday, July 5, 2013 12:41 AM
  • User-27370336 posted

No, I just have one instance of WebMatrix open and the files are not open in any other program. Here's what I've tried but to no avail:

1. Restart Computer

Everytime I make a change to a file in WebMatrix and save the file - I get the File Changed popup. It even happens if I just save to an already saved file.

Friday, July 5, 2013 2:28 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi davidsa

1. Restart Computer

According to the description above, I would doubt whether you install WebMatrix 3 properly, please check whether there is something wrong with your WebMatrix 3, or you can try to create a simple application in WebMatrix 3, and check whether it is fine,

For detailed information about WebMatrix 3: http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/

hope it helps,

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:17 PM