KPI newbie needs help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am pretty comfortable with building the cubes and idmensions now.  My biggest challange now is to make sence of the MDX language and make some meaning ful KPI's

An example KPI I could do with to get started on in SQL would be very easy but is completely confusing me in MDX.

Heres what I want to do....

I have a measure within the Timesheet Fact table which returns total number of timesheets.  What I want to do is create a percentage on those timesheets with a status of approved.  The status is a dimension connected to the timesheet fact table.  Therefore,  If I had say 4 timesheets and 1 of them was rejected the KPI would return 75% approved.

How do I do this?  As I am not sure what I need to complete this I will provide my measure and dimension element.  Any help would be great.  Also, if there is any good web references for newbies on KPIs/MDX I would really appreciate the link.

Measure

[Measures].[Number Of Timesheets]

Dimension Attribute

[Timesheet - Status].[Status].[Status]

Thanks in Advance,

JK

Monday, October 20, 2008 7:50 AM

Answers

• The script for value of KPI will be :

Code Snippet
    (([Measures].[Number Of Timesheets],[Timesheet - Status].[Status].&[Approved])/[Measures].[Number Of Timesheets] * 100)

* Considering that you have a member called "Approved" in your status attribute.

Regards..

Girija Shankar

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:33 AM
    Answerer