Unable to launch in Firefox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, CUrrently I am trying to launch a simple recorded [recorded in IE] coded UI test in Firefox. It is just launching a blank firefox browser but then giving the below error: Result Message: Test method CodedUITestProject1.CodedUITest1.CodedUITestMethod1 threw exception: Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.UITestException: Failed to start up socket within 45000 ms. Attempted to connect to the following addresses: 127.0.0.1:7055 Result StackTrace: at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowser.Utility.MapAndReThrow(Exception exception) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowser.CrossBrowserService.Launch(Uri uri) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowser.CrossBrowserFactory.Launch(Uri uri) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.CrossBrowser.CrossBrowserFactory.Launch() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.BrowserWindow.LaunchPrivate() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.BrowserWindow.<Launch>b__12() at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.CodedUITestMethodInvoker.InvokeMethod[T](Func`1 function, UITestControl control, Boolean firePlaybackErrorEvent, Boolean logAsAction) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.BrowserWindow.Launch() at CodedUITestProject1.UIMap.Launch_AUG(). However I am able to launch are test the same thing in IE or Chrome.

VIsual studio 2013 - update 5.
    IE - 11.0.9600.18230CO
    Chrome - 49.0.2623.112 m
    Firefox - 44.0

Any helps and ideas is appreciated. THanks in Advance. IamMaverick

Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:01 AM

Answers

• Hi IamMaverick,

I try to setup a clean Environment, and install the latest Firefox, it really doesn't work for the coded UI test.

The simple sample:

BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser = "Firefox"; 

//BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser = "IE"; 

BrowserWindow.Launch("Http://www.google.com");

The IE works well, but the Firefox doesn't work in my VS2015 and VS2013, I will get the error "The playback engine could not find the binaries required to run cross browser coded UI tests..."

Based on the extension tool downloaded site:

Supported versions
    This installer works with VS 2012 Update 4, VS 2013, VS 2013 and updates, VS 2015 and updates.
    Supported Browser versions 
    The following versions of browsers have been verified and are supported:
    Firefox 33.
    Latest version of Chrome (version 38.0.2125.111 m as of 11/14/2014)

Maybe you could test it using the Firefox 33.

But we could make sure that it doesn't support the latest version now, I help you submit a feedback here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/2622336/unable-to-launch-in-firefox-for-coded-ui-test-in-vs2013-and-vs2015

If possible, you could vote it, maybe we could get useful information from the product team.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi IamMaverick,

So you use the "Selenium components for Coded UI Cross Browser Testing" tool for coded UI tests, am I right?

If so, which Firefox version did you use?

>>Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.UITestException: Failed to start up socket within 45000 ms. Attempted to connect to the following addresses: 127.0.0.1:7055.

From the download site for this extension tool, it seems that other members also got the same issue as yours:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/11cfc881-f8c9-4f96-b303-a2780156628d/view/Discussions/4

Like Sarabjot Singh's suggestion, please check that whether it is related to the Firefox version.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I have updated to current (latest) firefox version (V 45.0.2). But Still I am getting the same error and unable to proceed. 

Any other leads to solve this problem will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Hi IamMaverick,

Thanks for your friendly response.

Sorry for that we couldn't setup the third party browser in our side, to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible, one idea is that you could click "Q AND A" here:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/11cfc881-f8c9-4f96-b303-a2780156628d/view/Discussions/4

And then start a discussion there, maybe the extension tool team experts could provide us the solution for this issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. 

I have already posted the same question there, however no one is replying in that forum, so thought of checking in this forum. 

Thanks for your time.

Friday, April 22, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hi IamMaverick,

I try to setup a clean Environment, and install the latest Firefox, it really doesn't work for the coded UI test.

The simple sample:

BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser = "Firefox"; 

//BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser = "IE"; 

BrowserWindow.Launch("Http://www.google.com");

The IE works well, but the Firefox doesn't work in my VS2015 and VS2013, I will get the error "The playback engine could not find the binaries required to run cross browser coded UI tests..."

Based on the extension tool downloaded site:

Supported versions
    This installer works with VS 2012 Update 4, VS 2013, VS 2013 and updates, VS 2015 and updates.
    Supported Browser versions 
    The following versions of browsers have been verified and are supported:
    Firefox 33.
    Latest version of Chrome (version 38.0.2125.111 m as of 11/14/2014)

Maybe you could test it using the Firefox 33.

But we could make sure that it doesn't support the latest version now, I help you submit a feedback here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/2622336/unable-to-launch-in-firefox-for-coded-ui-test-in-vs2013-and-vs2015

If possible, you could vote it, maybe we could get useful information from the product team.

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, April 23, 2016 5:52 AM
  • I have changed to Firefox version 33.0 and coded UI seems working and launching the firefox browser in my environment.
    Monday, May 9, 2016 1:47 PM
  • @IamMaverick,

Glad to know that it worked well using the 33.0 version, if so, I think it would have a limitation for the latest version.

Have a nice day,

Jack

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:41 AM