How to uninstall a lightswitch application installed Web server 3-tier IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone

I deployed a Lightswitch application in a Remote Hosting server using VS2012 standard WebDeploy LS wizard. After a few days of nightmares with a deploying error. I actually would like to remove it from the web server. I have not been able to find any documentation on how to uninstall the application once it is deployed.

I though about just deleting the application files in the root directory. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

An end user can uninstall a 3-tier desktop application from Programs and Features or Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel. Browser applications must be uninstalled by the IIS administrator.

For more information, please try to refer to the following article:

#Deploying LightSwitch Applications:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ff872288.aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:34 AM
  • On IIS machine, you can use 'Delete Website and Content' option as described at here.
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Thank you It looks like that is the safest method to cleanly remove the application. It could not use the solution listed above since I don't have administrator access to the hosting web server, just the access that they provide through the web. It did not included the option described by Microsoft. 

Friday, September 20, 2013 12:40 PM