InvalidOperationException: Unable to resolve service for type 'LandingPage.Models.LandingPageContext' while attempting to activate 'LandingPage.Controllers.QuestionsController'. RRS feed

• Question

• User-540818677 posted

I have a database named "LandingPage", and using this command i have mapped the database tables inside my asp.net mvc core:-

Scaffold-DbContext "Server=(localdb)\ProjectsV13;Database=LandingPage;Trusted_Connection=True;" Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer -OutputDir Models

Then i added a controller and chose one of the models, but when i try access the controller i got this exception inside the web browser:-

An unhandled exception occurred while processing the request.
    InvalidOperationException: Unable to resolve service for type 'LandingPage.Models.LandingPageContext' while attempting to activate 'LandingPage.Controllers.QuestionsController'.
    Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ActivatorUtilities.GetService(IServiceProvider sp, Type type, Type requiredBy, bool isDefaultParameterRequired)
    Stack Query Cookies Headers Routing 
    InvalidOperationException: Unable to resolve service for type 'LandingPage.Models.LandingPageContext' while attempting to activate 'LandingPage.Controllers.QuestionsController'.
    Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ActivatorUtilities.GetService(IServiceProvider sp, Type type, Type requiredBy, bool isDefaultParameterRequired)
    lambda_method(Closure , IServiceProvider , object[] )
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Controllers.ControllerActivatorProvider+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<CreateActivator>b__0(ControllerContext controllerContext)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Controllers.ControllerFactoryProvider+<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<CreateControllerFactory>g__CreateController|0(ControllerContext controllerContext)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(ref State next, ref Scope scope, ref object state, ref bool isCompleted)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeNextResourceFilter>g__Awaited|24_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, object state, bool isCompleted)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContextSealed context)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Next(ref State next, ref Scope scope, ref object state, ref bool isCompleted)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.InvokeFilterPipelineAsync()
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.DeveloperExceptionPageMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)

any advice

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 5:11 PM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi johnjohn123123,

As far as I know, if you just use Scaffold-DbContext, it will not add register the dbcontext in the service. It will just generate the context and model in the models folder.

To use dbContext with dependency injection, your DbContext type should be added to the service container by using the AddDbContext<TContext> method.

More details, you could refer to below codes:

Startup.cs

public void ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
            {
    //modify the ForumManageContext to your generated dbcontext model services.AddDbContext<ForumManageContext>( ); services.AddRazorPages(); }

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 2:28 AM