none
Can I obtain the default avatar icon image in the Outlook 2013 Addins with VSTO? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello professionals,

To show my original contact list in my outlook addin, I want to get the default avatar (contact picture) icon image as a Bitmap object, an image file path or else.

Could you please tell me know?

Thanks.

KEN

Friday, March 31, 2017 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hello Ken,

I think we could not get the default image. If there is image (not default) for contact, ContactItem.HasPicture Property (Outlook) returns true and then we could get the picture from its attachment collection. If there is no image (it shows the default image), the attachment is empty.

To work around, I suggest you save it as a local image to use.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hello Ken,

I think we could not get the default image. If there is image (not default) for contact, ContactItem.HasPicture Property (Outlook) returns true and then we could get the picture from its attachment collection. If there is no image (it shows the default image), the attachment is empty.

To work around, I suggest you save it as a local image to use.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:52 AM
  • Hello Celeste,

Thank you very much for your kind response.

Oh, sorry... I will create an avatar image for the contacts without their own images (ContactItem.HasPicture property returns false) by hand and use it.

Thank you again!

KEN

Friday, April 7, 2017 1:27 AM