How does batching in Service Bus handle errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some questions regarding batching in Service Bus.

Assume that I have turned on batched storage access to optimize for speed.

What happens if I call send/complete 10 times during this batch and the storage operations fails? Do the send/complete methods return exceptions back to me or will I not get notified of this error?

The documentation I've found ((http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh528527.aspx) doesn't state that only async operations are affected by storage batching, so I assume the batching works for sync methods here also?

Finally when using client-side batching (which only applies to Async send/complete according to documentation). If an exception occurs when trying to flush 10 send operations will this also get exceptions thrown back or will it fail silently?

Regards,

//Thomas

Monday, August 12, 2013 1:57 PM

Answers

• Every send/complete call will return exception in both cases. Basically, if a batch fails, every one participating in the batch will get an exception.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:19 PM

All replies

• Every send/complete call will return exception in both cases. Basically, if a batch fails, every one participating in the batch will get an exception.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

To complete the answer, do you know if the storage batching also affects synchronous calls to send and complete or only async?

Monday, March 17, 2014 3:55 PM
  • It affects both.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 4:22 PM