code writing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am very new to GAT, i have gone through some of the coding for writing actions and for writing valueconverters, where i found we need to have a lot in touch with vsstudio templates and ENVDTE, as i new beginner to this world where do i get information about writing my code for my actions and valueconverter, i apolozige for asking this basic question however i feel it is some what difficult to start writing code in c# for actions ..

Also how to know in the xml below sample what assembly should be referred, are they fixed and also the full class name

are they default. i dont know where do i get such information.

<WizardExtension>

<Assembly>Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio, Version=1.0.51206.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a</Assembly>

<FullClassName>Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate</FullClassName>

</WizardExtension>

Any help will be like getting out me from hell

thanks

satish

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Satish,

You'll find a very useful information in the gax documentation, which is installed with gax. Regarding your question the value of Type attribute is the fully qualified name of any type. You can use the default guidance page as a baseline to build your own package.

hth

jose.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Satish,

You can see the source code of existing software factories like, Web Client and Web Service software factories. If you go thru the code, you will be able to understand and relate lot of thing w.r.t GAT. Apart from this you have a little stuff provided by the help file which comes with GAT installation.

The answer to your second question is, no need to changing the assembly details under the wizardextentions in the xml file.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 12:11 PM
  • noor,

thanks for the information

but could you be more specific locations that really help as a starting point to understand well

and second i am also not only interested wizard extension but also

<Action

Name="HelloWorld"

Type="HoLPackage.Actions.HelloWorldAction, HoLPackage" />

</Actions>

here above type it has two parameters how do we know we require two parameters

please help

satish

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:23 PM
  • Hi Satish,

You'll find a very useful information in the gax documentation, which is installed with gax. Regarding your question the value of Type attribute is the fully qualified name of any type. You can use the default guidance page as a baseline to build your own package.

hth

jose.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:18 PM