TF53010:The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

From last couple of days i am seeing some errors in the Eventviewer which shown below.

TFSJobAgent is stilling running without issue, but TFS is still throwing the following: 

TF53010: The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension:

Date (UTC): 6/18/2015 11:40:02 AM

Machine:  

This is an aggregator issue that is related to updating a Parent state (when a child state changes).

Error: 

TF53010: The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension:

Date (UTC): 6/18/2015 10:14:15 AM

Machine:

Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT/tfs-2-130790772753095761

Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v4.0.30319

Service Host: 7f823e04-6d85-4f38-a05e-ebf1a02579c5 (FedEx)

Process Details:

Process Name: w3wp

Process Id: 9176

Thread Id: 14292

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Detailed Message: The subscriber TFSAggregator raised an exception while being notified of event Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Server.WorkItemChangedEvent.

Exception Message: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  To create the source, you need permission to read all event logs to make sure that the new source name is unique.  Inaccessible logs: Security. (type SecurityException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly, Boolean wantToCreate)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName, Boolean wantToCreate)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLogInternal.VerifyAndCreateSource(String sourceName, String currentMachineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLogInternal.WriteEntry(String message, EventLogEntryType type, Int32 eventID, Int16 category, Byte[] rawData)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String source, String message, EventLogEntryType type, Int32 eventID, Int16 category, Byte[] rawData)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String source, String message, EventLogEntryType type)

at TFSAggregator.MiscHelpers.LogMessage(Boolean isError, String messageFormat, Object[] messageFormatArgs) in h:\Library\Development\_Code\TfsAggregator\TfsAggregator\MiscHelpers.cs:line 93

at TFSAggregator.WorkItemChangedEventHandler.ProcessEvent(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext, NotificationType notificationType, Object notificationEventArgs, Int32& statusCode, String& statusMessage, ExceptionPropertyCollection& properties) in h:\Library\Development\_Code\TfsAggregator\TfsAggregator\WorkItemChangedEventHandler.cs:line 222

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.TeamFoundationEventService.SubscriptionList.Notify(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext, NotificationType notificationType, Object notificationEventArgs, String& statusMessage, ExceptionPropertyCollection& properties)

Please help me to sort out the issue.

Thanks in Advance

Ravi j

• Moved by Tina-Shi Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:34 AM related TFS
    • Edited by Ravikumar J Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:54 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Ravi J,  

Thanks for your reply.

As that’s custom plugin issue, so you should resolve it in that plugin download site. Or you can try to remove this plugin from your TFS Server if you needn’t it.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ravikumar J Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravi,  

Thanks for your post.

You’re using TFS 2013 Update 4 and VS 2013 Update 4?

This issue happened on all your client machines?

What’s the “Dev to PA workflow” mean? They are the custom state values in your work item type? If yes, did this issue begin after you updated oen specific work item type?

Do you know which specific operation or update caused this issue?

It’s no easy to find the root cause from above error log. If you have any further research of this issue, please share your experience here.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:38 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

Have you confirmed that?

If there’s anything misunderstood, please describe your question in more detail and we will try to provide the better responses.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 26, 2015 9:37 AM
  • Hi John,

Before some one has worked on my roles and may be he did the customization for the workitems as per the project needs.

when i check in the story as well as task workitems i can see some of the customizations. And if i want to know because of which customization we are facing this issue is there any way to find out.

Please let me know some details to find out the issue.

Ravi j

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:32 AM
  • Hi Ravi, 

Thanks for your reply.

What’s the version of your TFS?

Please contact that user(who customized WITs in your team project) to confirm if he deployed this plugin in your TFS Server?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:41 AM
  • Hi John,

I see that the plugin(AggregatorItems) is available in the app server as mentioned.That means it is customized as expected.

Please let me know the resolution for this.

Thanks

Ravi j

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:08 AM
  • Hi Ravi j,

Thanks for your reply.

As this issue caused by that plugin, you should post this issue in that site for the better response: http://tfsaggregator.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:32 AM
  • Hi John,

I have posted the same in the above mentioned link. And mean while can you please give some inputs to to resolve the issue.

I have searched in some other sites and no luck.

Thanks

Ravi j

Monday, July 6, 2015 6:02 AM
  • Hi Ravi J,  

Thanks for your reply.

As that’s custom plugin issue, so you should resolve it in that plugin download site. Or you can try to remove this plugin from your TFS Server if you needn’t it.

• Marked as answer by Ravikumar J Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:15 AM