Access is denied: 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement' RRS feed

• Question

• User-1932488535 posted
    I was wondering if someone could help me out with this exception I’m encountering on a few of our C# reports. The issue occurs sporadically and only to certain users, myself not included. Whenever someone runs into the problem, all I have to do is load the report and the issue magically goes away for everyone that couldn’t access it. I think this might be a permissions issue because I am part of the local admin group and have noticed that the users who bump into the problem are not. I am also wondering if the aspnet_wp account has the correct privileges. I’ve confirmed that the aspnet_wp account has full access to C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.Net Files and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog in the registry as well as the report directories themselves. Has anyone encountered this issue or have any tips on how to fix?
    Wednesday, September 3, 2003 4:34 PM

All replies

• User-1932488535 posted
    BTW, I finally figured this out a few weeks ago. Our application was impersonating specific users and not the ASP.NET user account. These users did not have full permissions to the following files: 1) C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Temporary ASP.NET Files 2) C:\WINNT\TEMP
    Thursday, October 9, 2003 11:03 AM