Find usage of control file in vsts 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• User124127460 posted

Hi,

I have a control file, I want to find which all aspx page uses this control file (.ascx), how do i find it in vsts 2010.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:52 AM

Answers

• User71929859 posted

No,  I need to know find all the aspx pages where my ascx page has been refered.

Search by the name of the user control. If it's being used by specific pages, it must be registered at the top of page. But remember that user controls can also be registered at application level. In that case you have to find out the tag name it's using and search by the tag name.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 6:59 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi anandbpatil,

I have a control file, I want to find which all aspx page uses this control file (.ascx), how do i find it in vsts 2010.

Welcome to asp.net forum.

According to your description above, do you want to find relevant file related to .ascx file? If it is this meaning, Edit -> Find and Replace -> Quick Find, and search ".ascx", then check the Output Windows.

hope it helps.

Regards

Angie

Friday, May 9, 2014 3:51 AM
  • User124127460 posted

No,  I need to know find all the aspx pages where my ascx page has been refered.

Friday, May 9, 2014 8:47 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Search by the name of the user control. If it's being used by specific pages, it must be registered at the top of page. But remember that user controls can also be registered at application level. In that case you have to find out the tag name it's using and search by the tag name.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 6:59 AM