none
generating pdf files from rdlc RRS feed

• Question

• I have written a web form where i have embedded a reportviewer. I have also stored certain values in the aspx file using hidden textboxes. These values are required by my dataset to retrieve records as I have set the input parameter type in my object datasource as form control. (have done this to avoid session vars)

The rdlc uses expressions in certain fields that is based on the values in the aspx file. I am also passing report parameters to my rdlc.

I can theoritically export the report to a pdf but I need to directly create the pdf file (avoiding the reportviewer) by passing in these values.

Can anyone help me on how to generate a pdf file based on the rdlc and certain other values.

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:56 PM

Answers

• I am now able to render my rdlc as a pdf. Worked around a wy to pass inputparams to my dataset. But am still unable to pass report parameters. throws an error "Viewer control object is in a read only state " this is b'cos, b'fore my parameters are set the report is rendered. Does anybody have a soln for this.

Alternatively, can I send values to my rdlc other than setting them as report parameters ?

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:22 PM
  • Was able to solve the issue.  visit my blog at technoblab.blogspot.com for sample code.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 9:11 AM

All replies

• I am now able to render my rdlc as a pdf. Worked around a wy to pass inputparams to my dataset. But am still unable to pass report parameters. throws an error "Viewer control object is in a read only state " this is b'cos, b'fore my parameters are set the report is rendered. Does anybody have a soln for this.

Alternatively, can I send values to my rdlc other than setting them as report parameters ?

Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:22 PM
  • Was able to solve the issue.  visit my blog at technoblab.blogspot.com for sample code.

Saturday, September 1, 2007 9:11 AM