rdlc print button not working in i.e. 10 in .net 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1596463 posted

Hi,

I am working on asp.net 3.5 and using report viewer to print report.

Not print button not working in i.e. 10

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:25 AM

Answers

• User-1185172246 posted

ReportViewer relies on ActiveX for printing which only works in IE. However, in IE10 under Win8 Metro, ActiveX is not supported. In Desktop mode, you can fix it by adding this meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=9" >

If you do not get it working, then you could try the code at this article that allows cross-browser RDLC printing by adding a custom Print button to ReportViewer toolbar.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

• User-1225287840 posted

To fix the issue,
    1. Open up IE 10
    2. Press F12 on your keyboard to open up the development tools. You can also find this under the tools menu.
    3. A new panel will open in the bottom of your IE browser. Click on the "Browser Mode: IE10" tab and select IE9 or older.

This should fix your issue if not let me know.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:11 PM
  • User-1185172246 posted

ReportViewer relies on ActiveX for printing which only works in IE. However, in IE10 under Win8 Metro, ActiveX is not supported. In Desktop mode, you can fix it by adding this meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=9" >

If you do not get it working, then you could try the code at this article that allows cross-browser RDLC printing by adding a custom Print button to ReportViewer toolbar.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:06 PM
  • User143067745 posted
    •  Start Windows Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • On the Security tab, click Local Intranet, and then click Sites
    • Click Advanced.
    • Type the URL of your site in the Add this website to the zone box, and then click Add.  (in development mode it will be http://localhost)
    • Click Close to close the Local Intranet dialog box, and then click OK.
    • On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
    • Click Enable for each component that is listed under ActiveX controls and plugins.
    • Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
    • Restart Internet Explorer
    • Try printing the report.
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 4:27 AM
  • User-1596463 posted

Sir,

I did all the setting but not working

Basically, When Print from hosted on Local Server with same configuration iis print button working well. But when hosted on online server and browsing in i.e. 10 , crashed browser after downloading RSClientPrint control addon.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:43 AM
  • User143067745 posted

I also faced same problem. So I told users to first export report to pdf then print. I think it is much better way because print control is dependent on browser.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:22 AM