Downloads falling drastically RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a small problem. The last 3 weeks my downloads have fallen quite a lot after the ranking system update. That fall was around 20-24% in an app that was averaging about 3.5 stars.

Yesterday, I have much more less downloads at around 60% lost. Accumulating them together I have lost about 68% of the daily downloads I was making. Today, it seems that I have no downloads at all (I can see it from my analytics provider - flurry - does not report not even a single download).

Can somebody tell me please whats going on?

Friday, December 21, 2012 8:14 PM

All replies

• I'm also seeing 40% less downloads for Dec 20, as reported by dev center. I hope this is just a problem with the reporting system.

I'm also using Flurry and at least for me, the data is always about 24h late. So it may be that there's no problem with the actual downloads

Friday, December 21, 2012 11:08 PM
  • Well... I can verify it...

My downloads went to 0. Not even a single user is reported today by my Flurry analytics... :(

The only thing that I can do now, is hoping the Microsoft to fix this problem soon...

So sad...

Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:16 PM
  • As usual, there is something going wrong here.

I don't understand, this portal born on 2010... is it possible that in 2 years they are not able to develop a stable and well working infrastructure?
    It still seems an amateur website...

To not mention all the feature requests, asked since the beginning and in 2 years still ignored.
    (but implemented by the Windows 8/RT dev center team... smart guys)

Sunday, December 23, 2012 3:19 AM
  • It is not their portal issue. It is their servers issue. My application has 0 downloads 2 days now (verified now not only by Flurry, but MS reporting sevices also) and this is possibly because my application is not being offered to the users or it is maybe vanished from the marketplaces or etc (who knows the reason)...

Microsoft is handling all these issues like they are amateurs.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:18 AM