add a bold line each group ssrs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a matrix with two rows groups , i am trying to add a bold line at the bottom of each group (for all the detail row)

how can I do?

any idea?

"Le temps c'est de la monnaie"

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hi 3NIMA,

Thanks for your posting.

Based on your scenario, you can work around the issue by adding a group footer for the outermost group and then reset the border style and border color of the row that contains the group footer. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Re-create the matrix and add the group footer forthe outermost group "Country".
    2. Right-click on the textbox in the first column that contains the "Country" field, and click "Split cells".
    3. Select the row handle of the third row that contains the group footer. From the Properties pane, expand the "BorderColor" item, set the "Top" value to "White" and set the "Bottom" value to "Red".
    4. Minimize the height of the third row. 

The screenshot below is for your reference:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

• Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by 3NIMA Friday, July 20, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi 3NIMA,

Select your cell/textbox of your group in SSRS -> Apply formatting for that cell's bottom line. See the screen-shot.

Thanks, Khilit
    http://www.bigator.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:12 PM
  • 

thank you for your help but all rows are bold now. look at my test image. any others ideas? 

thanks for help .

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Hi 3NIMA,

Thanks for your posting.

Based on your scenario, you can work around the issue by adding a group footer for the outermost group and then reset the border style and border color of the row that contains the group footer. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Re-create the matrix and add the group footer forthe outermost group "Country".
    2. Right-click on the textbox in the first column that contains the "Country" field, and click "Split cells".
    3. Select the row handle of the third row that contains the group footer. From the Properties pane, expand the "BorderColor" item, set the "Top" value to "White" and set the "Bottom" value to "Red".
    4. Minimize the height of the third row. 

The screenshot below is for your reference:

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

• Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by 3NIMA Friday, July 20, 2012 7:01 AM
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:41 AM
  • work for me thank you.

Friday, July 20, 2012 7:02 AM