none
Webdav: Create Outlook meeting RRS feed

• Question

• I am using webdav to create an outlook meeting and it works fine. My challenge is that i would like to send an image in the body (description) of the outlook booking
    I tried to set an image tag in the body but when i look in outlook the image tag is translated to hyper link. any ideas about how it can be done

Thursday, April 8, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• Assad Arram,

Adding Attachments

There is no mechanism in WebDAV to add an attachment. You need to create the item using WebDAV PUT. You would then add your text and the attachment itself would be MIME encoded included in the text of the item. If the message already exists, you will need to issue a GET on the message stream which would return to you the message + attachments in a string.  You would need to modify the stream to include the new attachment. You could then use the string in a PUT statement to write out the attachment.

Does this answer your question?

Dominic Michael Salemno

Senior Support Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC Protocols Team

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:37 PM

All replies

• front-data.dk,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your question. Could you send me a network trace of your observation to dochelp (at) winse.microsoft.com?

Thank you.

Dominic Michael Salemno

Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:40 PM
  • Hi Dominic

Thanks for taking care of my question

I have no network trace. I have no error. My question can i send an image in the body of the booking when creating an outlook booking with webdav. As i said before i have a working create outlook meeeting and i needed to make a change and send a logo in the body of the meeting request. If i put an image html tag in the body it works fine too but when i look in the booking i recieved in outllook the image is not shown but i can see in the source code that the image tag is translated to a hyper link tag and if i click the hyper link i can see the image. So my guess is as the image is not embedded in the body and thats why i am getting the hyper link

Thank you for your help in advance

Assad Arram
    System consultant
    Front-data

Friday, April 9, 2010 8:47 AM
  • Hi again

Let me put  my question clear 

QS:  How can i send an image (embeded in the decription of the outlook meeting request) using webdav ?

Friday, April 9, 2010 8:54 AM
  • Assad Arram,

I am investigating this for you and will update you as things progress.

Dominic Michael Salemno

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Hi agian

I still waiting for this and i would like to know when i getting the answer. I need it

Thanks im advance

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:39 AM
  • Assad Arram,

I am still investigating this and will follow-up with you when I have more information.

Dominic Michael Salemno

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:09 PM
  • Assad Arram,

Adding Attachments

There is no mechanism in WebDAV to add an attachment. You need to create the item using WebDAV PUT. You would then add your text and the attachment itself would be MIME encoded included in the text of the item. If the message already exists, you will need to issue a GET on the message stream which would return to you the message + attachments in a string.  You would need to modify the stream to include the new attachment. You could then use the string in a PUT statement to write out the attachment.

Does this answer your question?

Dominic Michael Salemno

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:37 PM