There are no items in TeamProject in Reporting site RRS feed

• Question

• When I opened the Report site (in created Team Project), I am faced with the "There are no items in TeamProject. Click Help for more information about this page"

Report site: team Explorer>Right-click on Reports in team explorer and select show Report site, then open the Report site

Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:13 AM

Answers

• 1. check tfs server health with "Best Practices Analyzer" tool

2. call the command line option to install the new templates

tfpt addprojectreports /collection:tfs2010\oldprojects /teamp roject:"Spelling Correction" /processtemplate:"MSF for Agile Software Development v5.0" /force to add all of the Reports for a Process Template to TFS 

• Marked as answer by Dastani Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:05 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:05 AM

All replies

• Seems like Reports are not configured. Which version of TFS are you using?

Chandra

Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:23 PM
  • TFS 2010
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:47 PM
  • TFS reporting servers are not available if TFS 2010 is hosted on a client operating system.

You can download the installation guide from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2d531219-2c39-4c69-88ef-f5ae6ac18c9f

You can refer to the sections:
    Team Foundation->Team Foundation Server-> System Requirements
    How to: Configure Team Foundation Server Using the Basic Configuration
    How to: Configure Team Foundation Server By Using the Standard Configuration
    How to: Configure Team Foundation Server Using the Advanced Configuration etc.

Please mark my post as answer, if you think my post has resolved your issue. Thanks, --Kuldeep
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Kuldeep is correct. Share your Deployment scenario and the System configuration of your TFS 2010 environment.

Chandra

Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Hi Team foundation server,
    Thanks for your post!
    In addition to Kuldeep's method, I recommend you to run Best Practices Analyzer to make a health check after you installed Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools, the Best Practices Analyzer tool for Team Foundation Server programmatically collects settings and values from several data repositories. After the data is collected, a set of comprehensive ‘best practice’ rules are applied to the information.
    Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, February 3, 2012 9:05 AM
  • I have no problem with reporting for a new created team project, but when I opened the Report site (in a old created Team Project), I am faced with this message : "There are no items in TeamProject. Click Help for more information about this page". I checked tfs server health with "Best Practices Analyzer" tool (Scan Type=Team Foundation Server Complete Health Check) all processes are completed and no problem found. but still I faced that problem. so, what is the problem???
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Hi Team foundation server,

Thanks for your feedback!

You may need to rebuild the Tfs_warehouse if you find that there is data in Team Foundation Server but it’s not showing up correctly in your reports.  It is always a good idea to backup your data before going through with this.

WARNING:Rebuilding the Tfs_warehouse database in the SQL database engine can cause lose of data for BUILD reports. See this BLOG post for more details.

For more information, you can refer to http://www.ewaldhofman.nl/post/2009/11/25/Refresh-the-TFS-Warehouse-manually.aspx

Hope it helps!

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:58 AM
  • don't resolved my problem.When I opened the Report site in created Team Project(old TeamProjects), I am faced with the "There are no items in TeamProject. Click Help for more information about this page"Reporting for old TeamProjects (created TeamProjects)

But,When I opened the Report site in a new Team Project, I am faced with below picture.

Reporting for new TeamProjects

• Edited by Dastani Monday, April 23, 2012 5:40 AM
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:35 AM
  • help me.
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:35 AM
  • 1. check tfs server health with "Best Practices Analyzer" tool

2. call the command line option to install the new templates

tfpt addprojectreports /collection:tfs2010\oldprojects /teamp roject:"Spelling Correction" /processtemplate:"MSF for Agile Software Development v5.0" /force to add all of the Reports for a Process Template to TFS 

• Marked as answer by Dastani Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:05 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:05 AM