none
Page layouts not visible when editing page settings. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a site definition from which I create sites and this definition uses all the masterpages, pages and page layouts from a "master" site that I have created. I am encountering a problem when I create a new site from this definition.

On the new site that I have created my welcome page (home.aspx) is set to use the homepage layout (HomePageLayout.aspx) I created. I looked in the pages library and I can see that this is the case. However, when I edit the page, the layout is wrong. I went into the Page Settings and for some reason there is no place to select a different page layout.

I then copied my home page from my 'master' site where everything is working correctly and pasted it into my new site I created from the definition. I then received an error that the page layout specified has errors on it. When I then went into the Page Settings the page layout list was there, but none of my custom page layouts were there. Only the Welcome Page, Article Page and Basic Web Part Page layouts.

When I create a new page however, all of the layouts are there to select from and they work correctly.

Does anyone know why:

• My site definition page says it's using my home page layout, but it doesn't. and
    • When I copy a working version of my home page into my site, I cannot select any of my own page layouts

This is quite a serious problem for me since users will be creating their own sites from the definition, and their home page needs that specific layout.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, September 14, 2009 10:04 AM