using the flip camera with movie maker RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to import videos from my flip camera to the movie maker.  I have contacted the makers of the camera and tried to find out what is going on.  the media player will play it as long as the camera Is hooked up.  Then when I try to use the movie maker i only get the audio clip for the movies.  I have read something about codecs?  I have know idea what that is all about or what kind of codec i need to find.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks so much

Tudy75
    Monday, May 12, 2008 3:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Tudy, if you want to get any help, you should give more info. First who is the camera maker, what movie maker you are using, etc. As much information as possible. You should specify the operating system, etc.

My hunch is that you need a driver to load your files to the movie maker. Perhaps you should store the avi files on the hard dsika and then try to read them with the latter. If I was sure that you have Vista I would have given you an advice how to set up the Video Codecs.
    AlexB
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:20 AM
  • This was moved out of the forum.

You can ask this question at www.answers.microsoft.com or in another forum.

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Post this question in the Windows Answers Forum at the following address

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Provide detailed informations about your system and what you're trying to do.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, January 6, 2012 11:50 AM