none
Ethernet download of CEPC, settings RRS feed

• Question

• It looks like the target machine is sending out the bootme packets.  My reasons for believing this are as follows:

1. I see traffic on the ethernet line and the messages are 106 bytes and they have the characters "CEPC" and "CEPCKS16446" in them.
    2. The traffic has a source IP address of 192.168.1.205 and autoexec.bat on the CE boot disk has this configured as a static IP.

One observation is that the packets don't come out too often, like once every few seconds.  Is this right?

Now my question is VS2005 never seems to recognize the bootme packet.  The Download Runtime Image window says "Waiting to receive a download request..." all the time and never seems to get one.

I've had this working before, so it must be something with my settings?  In Target->Connectivity Options I have the following:

• Target Device: CE Device
    • Download: Ethernet (192.168.1.200), which is IP address of one of the network cards on build machine
    • Transport: Ethernet (192.168.1.200)
    • Debugger: KdStub

I've tried using the IP address of the CEPC machine but that didn't help.  I can monitor the traffic on the build machine and see the BOOTME packets.  Please help.

Monday, April 11, 2011 1:48 PM

Answers

• try: turn on the device; from VS2005 do not attach but  do Target->Connectivity Options -> Settings. once you see the device in Active target devices double click on it so it becomes the target device boot name then 'OK' then 'apply' in Target->Connectivity Options. now try to attach

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by mr_jeff Monday, April 11, 2011 3:12 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:52 PM

All replies

• Here is a little more information to help shed some light:

• When I am in VS2005 and I do Target->Attach Device, I still don't see any bootme packets
    • However, when waiting for bootme, I do Target->Connectivity Options -> Settings and under "Active target devices" I see "CEPCKS16446", which matches some of the characters in the bootme packet that the packet sniffing tool can read for me.  So VS2005 is somehow seeing the message, but not recognizing it as a bootme?
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:21 PM
  • try: turn on the device; from VS2005 do not attach but  do Target->Connectivity Options -> Settings. once you see the device in Active target devices double click on it so it becomes the target device boot name then 'OK' then 'apply' in Target->Connectivity Options. now try to attach

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by mr_jeff Monday, April 11, 2011 3:12 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Excellent!  Very, very much appreciated.  I wish I knew why this worked and the other way doesn't.  I don't seem to recall having to do it like this before.  Maybe some other setting is different from last time.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 3:13 PM