none
The way to upload files for SSH/SFTP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to figure it out some kind of solution for SSH/SFTP upload. Everything i need is to be able to use Windows Task scheduler to run and upload something. 

But there is just so much out there, I am not sure were to start. Everything seem so overwhelming.

Can you guys show me where I should start ?

Monday, July 29, 2019 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a simple .NET C# Console Application, add the SSH.NET NuGet package and look at https://github.com/sshnet/SSH.NET/ for some samples on how to actually upload files.

Kind regards,

Johnny Hooyberghs

Monday, July 29, 2019 1:04 PM
  • For using SSH and relative protocols: SSH.NET Library
    If commercial tools are on your consideration list, you may want to take a look at the Ultimate SFTP

// Create a new instance.
    Sftp client = new Sftp();
    // Connect to the SFTP server.
    client.Connect("localhost");
    // Authenticate.
    client.Authenticate("test", "test");
    // ...
    // Upload all files and subdirectories from local folder 'c:\temp' to the remote dir '/temp'
    client.UploadFiles("c:\\temp", "/temp");
    // Upload all directories, subdirectories, and files that match the specified search pattern from local folder 'c:\myfolder2' to remote folder '/myfolder2'.
    client.UploadFiles("c:\\myfolder2", "/myfolder2", "*.cs");
    // or you can simply put wildcard masks in the source path, our component will automatically parse it.
    // upload all *.css files from local folder 'c:\myfolder2' to remote folder '/myfolder2'.
    client.UploadFiles("c:\\myfolder2\\*.css", "/myfolder2");
    // Upload *.cs and *.vb files from local folder 'c:\myfolder2' to remote folder '/myfolder2'.
    client.UploadFiles("c:\\myfolder2\\*.cs;*.vb", "/myfolder2");
    // ...
    // Disconnect.
    client.Disconnect();

Take a look at this example

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:33 AM