none
I cant install KinectSDK-v1.0 on my laptop, my laptop fulfills all requirements RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i hope you can help me ..

When I try to install the Software I get "Error to writing file:microsoft.research.kinect.dll.verify that you have access to that directory".

When i googled i found these solutions 

1. Installation of the software giving access to Windows user who was logged on at the time on installation. Selecting 'Only for me' option instead of 'Anyone who uses this computer (All users)’. Hence the data is locked for that user. Please refer to the 'Installation' section of the user guide.
    2. Lack of Windows 'Administrator' privileges for your Windows Log on (user name)

But  somehow I cant open the exe  with administrator privileges... I´m running Windows 7 btw 

Could you please help me?

thanks

Makles

• Edited by Makles Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:46 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:04 PM

All replies

• is there a partuular reason you aren't installing the latest release?
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:20 PM
  • I read online that the other SDK  doesnt work for the" Xbox Kinect" and only for the "Kinect for Windows", since I dont have the Kinect for Windows the other SDK 1.5 wont work for with the Kinect or does it actually work?

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:48 PM
  • yes, all versions of the SDK support the Kinect For XBox for development purposes. Can you try the latest 1.6 SDK release? Also, do you have a link to where you read about the sensor support?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Right Click the .EXE and run as administrator.
    • Proposed as answer by BigglesVII Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:28 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:25 PM