issue with maintenance plan RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts, I am creating a maintenance plan to backup…

I get:

I am backing up to another domain… is there any place where I can put my other’s domain credentials?

I don’t see any option to input credentials…

Friday, May 11, 2018 10:32 AM

All replies

• If you want to backup the database from Domain A to Domain B you should use NTLM. 

Hariharan Ramalingam | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, May 11, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Please see this Similar Thread

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Monday, May 14, 2018 6:37 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 10:39 AM

• Domain Trusts? If not try an old technique, create the same ID the SQL Server Agent is using on the target server with the same password (this used to work well but might not any longer). 

Also you can establish credentials for proxy. This will take some reading on your part but it's useful to know. Try starting here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/agent/create-a-sql-server-agent-proxy?view=sql-server-2017
    Friday, May 11, 2018 9:24 PM