Reports are not Update ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we have two servers one with SQLServer 2008 and the other with TFS 2010.

it was working properly but after a restart no TFS Report was shown!

after stop/start the Report Manager, Reports are shown but are not up-to-date!!

what i could see in logs was an error with number tf246017 with the contentof:"tfs can not connect to sql..."

firewall is off and other fields of tfs such as source control are working properly just reports are not up-to-date and created Area and Iteration  are not shown in the workitem form and i can not create a new project collection .it remains in creation mode with out any error!!

Monday, December 3, 2012 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Yuzarsiv,

Thanks for your post!

Can you run a healthy check with Best Practice Analyzer (BPA) from TFS Power Tools and see if it helps?

For more information, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee248648(v=vs.100).aspx

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/tfsversioncontrol/thread/8c936873-9c10-44e6-bab3-e0519fae0dca

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Hi Cathy Kong

thanks fo your replay.

excuse me can you more explaine about BPA.I think is that get very time.I don't have any time.I have must create new Iteration! and I do not work with BPA and gusse that is difficult to work it.

I will explain more perhapse you can more help me.

I was told thate when i get OS Backup with Acronis from server and restart this I was notice that Reports don't Update and if create new Iteration it was not show on the workItem Forms!

when I was Refresh Application Consol and view the Event Log I saw Error/Warning tf246017.

when I was reset again the server I saw this error:

TF53010: The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension:
    Date (UTC): 12/03/2012 05:22:19 A.M
    Machine: TFS
    Application Domain: TfsJobAgent.exe
    Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v2.0.50727
    Service Host:
    Process Details:
      Process Name: TFSJobAgent
      Process Id: 2836
      Thread Id: 2684
      Account name:CRC\tfsadmin

Detailed Message: There was an error during job agent execution. The operation will be retried. Similar errors in the next five minutes may not be logged.
    Exception Message: TF246017: Team Foundation Server could not connect to the database. Verify that the server that is hosting the database is operational, and that network problems are not blocking communication with the server. (type DatabaseConnectionException)

Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.TeamFoundationSqlResourceComponent.TranslateException(SqlException sqlException)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.TeamFoundationSqlResourceComponent.MapException(SqlException ex, QueryExecutionState queryState)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.TeamFoundationSqlResourceComponent.HandleException(SqlException ex)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.TeamFoundationSqlResourceComponent.Execute(ExecuteType executeType, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.ExtendedAttributeComponent.ReadDatabaseAttribute(String attributeName)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.DatabaseConnectionValidator.ValidateDatabaseInstanceStamp(String configConnectionString, Guid configInstanceId)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.DatabaseConnectionValidator.ValidateApplicationConfiguration(String configConnectionString, Guid configInstanceId, List`1 sqlInstances, String analysisInstance, String analysisDatabaseName, Boolean ignoreAnalysisDatasourceUpdateErrors, Boolean autoFixConfiguration, Boolean fullValidation, DatabaseVerificationDatabaseTypes continueOnMissingDatabaseTypes)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.ApplicationServiceHost..ctor(Guid instanceId, String connectionString, String physicalDirectory, String plugInDirectory, String virtualDirectory, Boolean failOnInvalidConfiguration)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.JobApplication.SetupInternal()
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.JobServiceUtil.RetryOperationsUntilSuccessful(RetryOperations operations)

Inner Exception Details:

Exception Message: Cannot generate SSPI context. (type SqlException)
    SQL Exception Class: 11
    SQL Exception Number: 0
    SQL Exception Procedure: GenClientContext
    SQL Exception Line Number: 0
    SQL Exception Server: SQLServer
    SQL Exception State: 0
    SQL Error(s):

Exception Data Dictionary:
    HelpLink.ProdName = Microsoft SQL Server
    HelpLink.EvtSrc = MSSQLServer
    HelpLink.EvtID = 0
    HelpLink.BaseHelpUrl = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink
    HelpLink.LinkId = 20476

Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ProcessSSPI(Int32 receivedLength)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, TimeoutTimer timeout)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Server.TeamFoundationSqlResourceComponent.Execute(ExecuteType executeType, CommandBehavior behavior)

Or I have this error:

There was an error during job agent execution. The operation will be retried. Similar errors in the next five minutes may not be logged.
    Exception Message: TF246017: Team Foundation Server could not connect to the database. Verify that the server that is hosting the database is operational, and that network problems are not blocking communication with the server

I was reset Again and stop/start my Report Manager but i saw that warning (tf246017) and i can show report but are not up-to-date.!!

Help Me.

• Edited by Yuzarsiv Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Hi Yuzarsiv,

Thanks for your feedback!
    For the error TF53010, please refer to http://msmvps.com/blogs/vstsblog/archive/2009/01/08/how-to-fix-tf53010-create-olap-failed.aspx

In addition, after you install  TFS Power Tools , you can from start->All Programs Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools->Team Foudnation Server Best Practices Analyzer.

For more informaiton about TFS Best Practices Analyzer, please refer to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee248630(v=VS.100).aspx

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 7:21 AM