linking STLport lib RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I recently downloaded the stlport.5.2, and compiled with VS2008 pro. before there was the stlport.5.0 but was not compiled with the current VS compiler.

Now, when I guild my project, I receive the following error message:

27>Linking...

27>LINK : warning LNK4224: /OPT:NOWIN98 is no longer supported; ignored

27>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'stlport.5.0.lib'

how can I tell the linker not to search for 'stlport.5.0.lib' but for 'stlport.5.2.lib'?

in the project file (myapplication.vcproj) there is no direct link to the stlport library. where can I find it? I cannot understand why it is looking for the old version of the lib. I would like to tell the compiler to look in the right place where the new file can be found

tnx

Monday, May 3, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Chiara_1982,

There are two ways to define the Lib file in you project. Check following two methods. Your project may use one of them.

1.      Project Property Pages - >Configuration Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies. Check the file name of lib. If it is stlport.5.0.lib, change it to stlport.5.2.lib. If it is blank, see 2.

2.      Search your code with #pragma comment (lib,”stlport.5.0.lib”), change it to  #pragma comment (lib,”stlport.5.2.lib”).

You have to make sure the lib is in the same folder as your project.

Cheers

Yi Feng Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Yi Feng Li Monday, May 10, 2010 3:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yi Feng Li Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:18 AM