What's the best way to offer a volume license of a task pane app. RRS feed

• Question

• I’m planning to offer a volume license of a task pane app running in Excel to an organization which is using Office 365.

What’s the best way in order to do this? According to the "Overview of apps for Office 2013", there are 4 supported distribution points for apps for Office, using SharePoint App Catalog seems to be most appropriate way.
    But, I think this may be bother way for administrator.

Is there other way for an administrator in the organization can quickly and easily install a volume licensed app than above?

Any feedback would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 7:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi cheetah,

As far as I know, task pane and content add-ins can be Free, Paid, or Subscription priced, and are offered on a Per-User basis only.

>>Is there other way for an administrator in the organization can quickly and easily install a volume licensed app than above?<<

No. However, to help you maximize reach and adoption, task pane and content add-ins allow anonymous access. Users don't have to sign  in to Office with their Microsoft account to activate Office Add-ins. By default, if your task pane or content add-in does not implement licensing checks, it will present the same UI and functionality to anonymous users as it does to licensed users.

See Add-in license tokens and anonymous access for Office Add-ins in License your Office and SharePoint Add-ins for more information.

Here are some helpful articles about this topic for your reference:

How licenses work for Office and SharePoint Add-ins

License your Office and SharePoint Add-ins

Set up an add-in catalog on SharePoint

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 5:18 AM
  • Finally, i registered my add-in to a Azure Active Directory to call Graph API in order to authenticate a user using Work or School account and check whether a user has valid license using Web API for license check hosted on Azure.

Thank you!

cheetah

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:36 AM