none
.NET Framework 4.7.2 unable to install - catastrophic error 0x800f081e RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to install .NET framework 4.7.2 Developer pack. I'm getting " 0x800f081e" unspecified error. Please let me know how to proceed on this. I'm blocked with this right now
    Friday, August 2, 2019 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Dwarakanjali,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The error code ‘0x800f081e’ means ‘the package is not applicable’, please check this and make sure the .NET Framework 4.7.2 developer pack can installed on your OS version.

Please check for updates and ensure that all recommended Windows Updates are installed, reboot your PC. (Open Windows Settings (Windows + I) -> Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Then select windows update and Run The windows update Troubleshooter, Which attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates.)

If this issue persists, please upload the installation log file to https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link in here, that will help us analysis this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:39 AM
  • Hi Dwarakanjali,

Have you tried my suggestions? If it not works, please feel free to let us know, we will try our best to help you analysis this again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:36 AM