VideoEncodingProperties.Subtype or AudioEncodingProperties.Subtype cannot be set to "WVC1", "WMV3" or "WMA9"

Question

• MediaStreamSource closes with error MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : - 0xC00D36B4 when subtype is set to "WVC1", "WMV3" or "WMA9". I also tried

MediaEncodingProfile.CreateWma(AudioEncodingQuality.Auto);

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Annan,

This error message indicates that you are trying to use the unsupported audio or video formats. Here is the support list of audio and video formats in windows store app. And here is the supported subtype.

Check the media source on your computer. If you still have questions, post more information about your scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 3, 2014 9:03 AM
  • WMV9 WVC1 and WMA3 are supported
    Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:36 PM
  • Can you post more information about your scenario? 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:35 PM
  • I am creating a mkv player for windows phone and I am using MediaStreamSource (WinRT).

var audioProps = AudioEncodingProperties.CreateAacAdts(48000, 2, 0);

var audioDesc = new AudioStreamDescriptor(audioProps);

var mediaSource = newMediaStreamSource(audioDesc);

This works fine for Aac, PCM, MP3 but when I create media source with WMA it is closed with error

MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : - 0xC00D36B4

var audioProps = AudioEncodingProperties.CreateWma(48000, 2, 0);
    var audioDesc = new AudioStreamDescriptor(audioProps);
    var mediaSource = new MediaStreamSource(audioDesc);

Same is happening for video H264 and Uncompressed works fine but WMV gives the same error

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:32 PM