none
Cancelling a occurrence of recurring meeting not sending update to invitees in VSTO 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Custom Add-ins form for Outlook Appointment.

When a user clicks cancel meeting from normal outlook and sends cancellation, the cancellation is sent to all.

But when user comes to my Add-ins form, and clicks cancellation and sends update i am calling send() of AppointmentItem.

This works fine for normal meeting and recurrence meeting when user edits the recurrence meeting.

But when user edits a occurrence of a recurrence meeting, the cancellation is not sent to the recipients and also , the meeting is not removed from calendar.

I checked the status of the AppointmentItem. It is changing to olMeetingCancelled.

Why the cancellation is not sent to the recipients only in case of cancelling since occurrence of a recurring meeting?

I am using outlook 2010 and VSTO 2010.

Please note that the same code works fine in case of Outlook 2007 and VSTO 2007.

Also instead of clicking sendUpdate, if user directly closes the appointment window, outlook asks an alert saying the meeting is cancelled. Do you want to send update to recipients? . clicking on yes , it sends update to all recipients. 

Only calling send() not working, that too only cancelling single occurrence of a recurring meeting.

Thanks

Partha

• Edited by iampartha Monday, October 13, 2014 9:30 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 9:19 AM

All replies

• This is the code

if ((this.OutlookItem) is Outlook.AppointmentItem)

{

Outlook.AppointmentItem item = (Outlook.AppointmentItem)this.OutlookItem;

if (item.MeetingStatus == Outlook.OlMeetingStatus.olMeetingCanceled) //This is true when cancel is pressed

{

((Outlook._AppointmentItem)item).Send();

}

}

Partha

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:33 AM
  • I'm facing the same issue.

Only cancel an occurrence, message is not sent to attendees.

Cancelling the whole series still work fines.

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:39 AM
  • Hello Partha,

Did you have a chance to check out the Type property of each Recipient in the appointment item? Is there any olRequired

The RequiredAttendees property of the AppointmentItem class returns a semicolon-delimited string of required attendee names for the meeting appointment. The attendee list should be set by using the Recipients collection. Do you have any entries in the RequiredAttendees ?

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:00 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

Yes. The RequiredAttendees are there. When i dont have RequiredAttendees, none of the updates were sent. Now only cancelling single occurrence of a recurrence meeting, the update is not sent. Rest of the updates are sent.

Thanks

Partha

Partha

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:43 PM
  • Hi Thanhma,

Did you get any solution or any workaround?

Thanks

Partha

Partha

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:51 AM
  • Hi Partha,

I tried many times but no solution or workaround found yet.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:11 AM
  • Hi Eugene 

This works fine with outlook 2007 and VSTO 2007. Could this be a bug with Outlook 2010 and VSTO 2010?

Thanks

Partha

Partha

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:59 AM
  • Hi Partha,

Yes, it makes sense. Make sure that you have all the latest updates and service packs installed for Outlook 2010. What version number (including the build part) do you see in Outlook?

Unfortunately I don't have Outlook 2010 on the machine installed and can't test it.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Eugene. The build number of outlook is 14.0.6023.1000.

I will check whether there are any updates available and apply and see whether it resolves the problem.

Partha

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:05 PM
  • You need to install the latest updates and SP2 for Outlook 2010. See How to determine the service pack level of your Office 2010 suite .
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:44 PM
  • Hi Eugene, 

I upgraded to SP2 but still no luck.

Tried changing the code and tried all possiblities and finally gave up. :-(

Partha

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:14 AM