none
How to use Document Transforms Service (DocTrans) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I read the [MS-DocTrans] document that contains the Document Transforms Service Protocol Specification. I want to convert a file using the ConvertFile request. The specification contains an example SOAP request, if I modify it to suit my environment, the SharePoint server responds with an internal error. If I do the conversion from the SharePoint web pages, it works fine (I can even see SOAP messages flying over the local network interface that look a lot like the example SOAP messages from the spec).

The (imho) obvious question is: where are the WSDL files that would be the proper specification of the services, and that people could actually use to create client applications ? Is there any way to obtain the WSDL from the server using some URL ? Is there any additional document that I need to read ?

Without the WSDL I do not quite see what use the specification is.

Cheers, Luc.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:08 AM

Answers

• Luc,
    One more thing. You may want to review the ASMX files found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\ISAPI. They may contain definitions of other interfaces available for MOSS.

Steve Smegner

Application Development Consulting Group

• Marked as answer by Steve Smegner Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:31 PM

All replies

•  

Hi, thanks for your post regarding the [MS-DocTrans] protocol specification. We will review your question and update the forum once our investigation is complete.

Thanks!
    John Dunning
    Escalation Engineer Microsoft Corporation
    US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:39 PM
  • Greetings,
    I am checking to see if the server exposes a ?wsdl.exe interface.

In the meantime have you reviewed page 27-28 of the spec? Interfaces and types are defined there.

Also, how large is your sample SOAP package? And do you have the error log information from the server that gave you the internal error?

Steve Smegner

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I did. But I actually need the WSDL, in order to be able to generate a proxy for the service, to be used by my application.

Cheers, Luc.
    Friday, August 22, 2008 4:12 PM
  • Luc,
    That web service interface does not publish a WSDL or ASMX schema. The XML schema published in the document is the current documentation for this interface.
     The forums have changed. If you have additional questions regarding the Sharepoint Open Specification documents we can address those here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/os_sharepoint/threads/.
    Questions not directly related to the Open Specifications or those of a more general development nature can be addressed here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/threads/

Steve Smegner
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:26 PM
  • Luc,
    One more thing. You may want to review the ASMX files found here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\ISAPI. They may contain definitions of other interfaces available for MOSS.

Steve Smegner

• Marked as answer by Steve Smegner Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:31 PM