none
Batching based on content RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using BT 2010.

Considering this source message mapped to e.g. D96 Invoice.

<invoice>
       <clientid>1</clientid>
       <invoiceDate>01.01.2014</invoiceDate>
       <lines>
       </lines>

</invoice>

I want to batch all edi messages with same clientid and invoiceDate together. 

Previously I used the Covast EDI module in BT 2006. It was possible to set /EDIFACT_INVOIC_D_96A_XXX_UN/CovastEnvelope/CommonAccessReference = clientid + invoiceDate(../CovastEnvelope/CommonAccessReference was part of the schema for the Covast Invoice message) in the destination message. Biztalk would then batch all messages with same CommonAccessReference (clientId and invoiceDate) together. 

How do I do this in BT 2010?

~b

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:33 PM

All replies

• Is there some difference to use the Covast EDI module in BT 2006 and BT 2010? I'm confused about this issue.
    Monday, December 15, 2014 3:13 AM
  • If you'd want to use the standard BizTalk EDI batching orchestration. You should configure a batch for each clientID and set the batch to release daily. This of course won't prevent invoices from another day to end up in the batch but then again the invoicedate should be the date of creation.

I understand the above solution isn't ideal. Probably in your case standard EDI-batching won't do the trick. You can use typical batching patterns and create your own orchestration. Make use of the EDI-batch schema (<BizTalk_Installation>\XSD_Schema\EDI\Edifact_BatchSchema.xsd) to create your envelope and let the EDI assembler do it's work. There is a tricky part to this. BizTalk won't set interchange control number and transaction set control numbers for you. So you'd need to store them somewhere else.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:54 AM
  • What you asking for specifically is not possible with BizTalk EDI Batching.

While you can batch on different values, they can't be dynamic.

However, this is where I recommend the first thing you do is challenge/verify that requirement.  It is a bit unusual and I would be surprised if it is a real business requirement.  After all, there is no way to know when you have all invoices for a particular day, one may come in a week later.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:30 AM