• Hi

I am using Biztalk 2009 image , I am facing strange problem like

I am unable to drag the Pipeline components to Design surface

any help plz???

Chittidi. 

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Chittidi,

Each pipeline is composed of stages, with each stage containing one or more components. If there are no components in a stage, a watermark with text indicates that shapes can be inserted from the Toolbox. When the first shape is inserted into a stage, the initial text disappears. A pipeline component can only be dropped at specific places on the design surface. The pipeline component can only be dropped in a stage in which it has stage affinity. A circle with a line through it appears next to the pointer where the pipeline component cannot be dropped. An arrow appears, and a portion of the design surface is highlighted where a pipeline component can be placed (MSDN How to Add a Component to a Pipeline). Are components you want to drag to a certain stage the out of the box components or custom components? For first you probably need to do a repair of BizTalk (reinstalling Biztalk Templates in Visual Studio) if you are unable to drag them to the surface and for latter you will need to examine your code (see if anything is missing i.e. atrributes).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chittidi Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:33 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:55 AM

All replies

• You might trying to drag the component designed for different stage. Provide details about pipeline component and the stage you are trying to drag.
    Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:58 AM
  • The different type of component categories are given in this article. You use these to indicate the stage where the pipeline component can be used.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Hi Rohit,

thank you for prompt response ,

I am dragging correct one for the required one. Not only one component 

all the components  iam unable to drag it to design surface.

chittidi,

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi Chittidi,

Each pipeline is composed of stages, with each stage containing one or more components. If there are no components in a stage, a watermark with text indicates that shapes can be inserted from the Toolbox. When the first shape is inserted into a stage, the initial text disappears. A pipeline component can only be dropped at specific places on the design surface. The pipeline component can only be dropped in a stage in which it has stage affinity. A circle with a line through it appears next to the pointer where the pipeline component cannot be dropped. An arrow appears, and a portion of the design surface is highlighted where a pipeline component can be placed (MSDN How to Add a Component to a Pipeline). Are components you want to drag to a certain stage the out of the box components or custom components? For first you probably need to do a repair of BizTalk (reinstalling Biztalk Templates in Visual Studio) if you are unable to drag them to the surface and for latter you will need to examine your code (see if anything is missing i.e. atrributes).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server 2010
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Chittidi Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:33 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:55 AM