Editing SQL Statement in powerPivot result in loosing my measures column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I edit my SQL statement through Powerpivot/table/table properties, I'm able to do the changes in my query, run the query et gather the results according to my changes. But when I save the SQL statement to go back in the powerpivot window, I'm loosing all the measures column I already have. I'm connected to the Microsoft analysis services (cube).

What can I do to be able to edit My SQL statement without loosing my measure column ?

thanks!

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi MEB,

You leverage T-SQL to query Microsoft analysis services (cube)? Please give more information to this, just back to your question about loosing measures column. I am trying to reproduce your issue, however it works very well, both calculated column and calculated member exist when I modify the query to SQL Server relational database. Here I suspect that you might lost the columns which are used in the expression of your measure column. So please make sure you have return the columns which are using by measure's expression.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Monday, February 6, 2012 7:43 AM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:30 AM