locked
Can not open Sharepoint Admin Site, getting The page cannot be found RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi
    To cut the long story short, this is what happened
    I was getting these errors

    1.  Event IT 7888

    A runtime exception was detected. Details follow.

    Message: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

    Techinal Details:

    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
     .....

    and

    2. Event ID 5553

    failure trying to synch site 67133f19-e025-4d37-a87f-b8548c417d05 for ContentDB 60e1ac49-7d37-4e21-9b00-8e94b7ff0e6b WebApp 893a5aa9-06dd-413c-93c6-3a686bae3c8e. Exception message was Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).


    And then i tried to follow one the solution which was to

     a. Open “Central Administration” and click on “Application Management” à “Content database”

     

      b. Remove the content database from the web application temporarily




    After that i could not open the Central Admin Page and i'm getting the page can not be displayed.

    On the IIS Manager i get the same error however im able to open other site SSP Sites and Sharepoint sites.

    I tried Configuration of SharePoint Products and Technologies  Config Wizard but got the error

    Configuration of SharePoint Products and Technologies failed. Configuration must be performed in order for this product to operate properly. To diagnose the problem, review the extended error information located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_5_6_2009_8_14_20_282_49880760.log, fix the problem, and run this configuration wizard again.

     



    Does anyone know how to fix the error or perhaps restore the previous site-database association

    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:01 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion)
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:41 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    This normally occurs when a site collection or a content database is moved from one web application to another without running the preparetomove (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262122.aspx) command first. Without running the preparetomove command, the SSP thinks the site is new and tries to insert data into the UserMemberships table that already exists there.

    The resolution in this article may help you: http://www.sharepointblogs.com/rlangley/archive/2007/10/10/failure-trying-to-sync.aspx

    Hope it can help you.


    Xue-Mei Chang
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:26 AM
    Moderator

All replies