VS2017 Error: Referenced package not found, when starting Mobile Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• User-1949034079 posted

Hello,

I have an ASP.net Azure hosted website.  I am adding a mobile version of the ASP.net site to the project.  I'm trying to debug using the Mobile Emulator 10.  The emulator OS starts, but I get a popup that says, "Referenced package not found."

There is not output or anything regarding which package is not being referenced...

Friday, September 8, 2017 4:45 PM

All replies

• User-271186128 posted

Hi jpe9980,

Which kind of Mobile Emulator you are using? Windows 10 Mobile emulator?

If you are using Windows 10 Mobile emulator, please make sure the Emulator installs successfully.

You could check this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/debug-test-perf/test-with-the-emulator

Best regards,
    Dillion

Monday, September 11, 2017 2:40 AM
  • User-1949034079 posted

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for your response.  It seems Windows 10 Mobile emulator installed successfully.

I went through the different test in the link you posted to make sure my system supports the emulator, and everything seems to meet requirements.

The emulator starts up fine, and the OS starts with all the different tiles showing, and then I get the pop-up "Reference package not found"

Regards,

JP

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:20 PM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi jpe9980,

The emulator starts up fine, and the OS starts with all the different tiles showing, and then I get the pop-up "Reference package not found"

It seems that the emulator cannot associate with the VS2017 on your side.

Since this issue is related to Windows 10 Mobile emulator, I suggest you could post your problem to Windows 10 Tools forum.

Best regards,
    Dillion

Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:28 AM