Enterprise Library RRS feed

• Question

• I am about to start a new Web Application and intend to use Enterprise Library 3.0. I am looking at using the following application blocks

• User Interface Process Application Block
    • Data Access Application Block and the back-end database being SQL Server 2005
    • Maybe Caching and logging AB's

Can someone point me to a right document to start setting up the enviroment? and try some samples?

Thanks

Srinivas D

Monday, May 21, 2007 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Srinivas,

You could start reading for example this book: "Effective Use of Microsoft Enterprise Library: Building Blocks for Creating Enterprise Applications and Services" from Microsoft Press, and then update the information there to the current release of the enterprise library.

For example, reading tom's hollander blog, or the patterns & practices site....

Regards,
                                Pablo
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Srinivas,

You could start reading for example this book: "Effective Use of Microsoft Enterprise Library: Building Blocks for Creating Enterprise Applications and Services" from Microsoft Press, and then update the information there to the current release of the enterprise library.

For example, reading tom's hollander blog, or the patterns & practices site....

Regards,
                                Pablo
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:07 PM
  • Regarding samples, see the quickstarts folder in the installation directory.
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:53 PM
  • Thank you Pablo. I will get hold of the book and go from there.

Srinivas

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:30 PM
  • I would not spend to much time on this book since it for .net framework 1.1, Enterprise Library 3.0 has changed significantly.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 11:06 AM
  • Hi Srinivas,

There is another book you could read ...

Effective Use of Microsoft Enterprise Library: Building Blocks for Creating Enterprise Applications and Services
    By Len Fenster
    Publisher: Addison Wesley Professional
    Pub Date: June 09, 2006
    Print ISBN-10: 0-321-33421-3
    Print ISBN-13: 978-0-321-33421-3

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Meng Soon Chua

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 3:24 AM