none
Sending Mail From Alias Id RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing a problem in sending mail from alias id using ews api. I have a primary id abc@company.com with its alias xyz@company.com. I am trying to send message from xyz@company.com but it keeps getting auto updated to primary email address. However my purpose to send mail from alias xyz@company.com can be solved using SmtpClient but I need message sent into my sent item as well. So I cannot use SmtpClient as it does not give option to save message to sent item.

Is there any setting in Exchange Server 2010 that will not auto update alias email while sending message? Or is there any solution for this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tushar

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:50 AM

Answers

• No like MAPI, EWS will always use the Primary email Address of the account you send from. A few workarounds

Just upload the Message (the MIMEcontent) you send via SMTP to SentItems folder of the Mailbox your want it to be saved in.

Create a Transport Agent or use a Third Party solution like http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom2007.shtml where you can change the From Address after its sent

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by Tushar Kadu Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:34 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:13 AM

All replies

• No like MAPI, EWS will always use the Primary email Address of the account you send from. A few workarounds

Just upload the Message (the MIMEcontent) you send via SMTP to SentItems folder of the Mailbox your want it to be saved in.

Create a Transport Agent or use a Third Party solution like http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom2007.shtml where you can change the From Address after its sent

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by Tushar Kadu Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:34 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:13 AM
  • Thanks for your invaluable reply. I solved the problem by creating a transport agent and inside OnCategorizedEvent I was able to change email address successfully.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:34 AM