Placeholder Text is Not Supported Messages in Design Checker RRS feed

• Question

• I'm uploading a form template to a MOSS 2007 instance. When I access Cent Admin > Application Mgmt > Manage Form Templates > Upload Form Template > Verify, I am receiving the error, Choice Section control is not supported. When I access InfoPath in Design Checker View, I have 0 Errors,and 7 Messages. The messages are all, Placeholder text is not supported.

In one of the 7 affected fields, I have accessed the "Rich Text Box Properties" > Display > Options > Placeholder and literally deleted the information in the field (it said, Type Notes Here). Clicked Apply, OK, refreshed Design Checker. Still 7 messages.

Went back to "Rich Text Box Properties" > Display > Options > Placeholder, its still empty, Available Formatting still shows error "Only full rich text without embedded images is supported in browser-enabled form templates" All settings beneath are grayed out. 

Any ideas?  Before what little hair I have left turns gray?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi MTechie,

Thanks for your post.

Here is the summary issue as I understand.

Scenario: An InfoPath form was published to the SharePoint 2007 server. You get the error message “Choice Section control is not supported” during the process of verifying .

But there is no this error message when you check the form in InfoPath 2007.

Now, you can try to troubleshooting in the ways below:

1.       Cache Problem: Try to rename the InfoPath form and republish to the SharePoint Server, and check whether the issue is still existed.

2.       “PlaceHolder” Problem: Please remove all the “PalceHolder” control in the form, and then try to publish again;

3.       Other control is existed in the form: Remove the controls one by one, and check which control causes this error.

And the InfoPath form is needed to be edit in all of was above.

Thanks,

Wayne

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:14 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:10 AM

All replies

• I would have thought "choice section" was referring to a choice section, not a rich text box.  Those placeholder warnings aren't an issue.  Do you have any choice sections?
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

On the infopath desing checker, you have a checkbox to "Verify on server".
    Don't forget to check this control and tu click on "Actualize".

This check box will verify that the form can be publish with InfoPath Form Services.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog : http://rmatayron.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:14 AM
  • Clayton, 
    There is one choice section, its titled "progress" and has 5 options available to it, here, but its not one of the items that has a placeholder error attached to it.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Maybe this  and this will help.

Here is what happens when I try to load it in MOSS

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

In the form option, have you choose that your form wad browser enabled and not InfoPath 2007?
    It is the trivial error with the checker.

The controls allowed are not the same for this 2 kind of form.
    Please go to form options and in the "Compatibility" tab to choose "Form Services".

Hope this helps

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:24 AM
  • You mean this?

Friday, February 18, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Yes,

If this mode is activated and if you have check the "verify on server" checkbox, you must see the error in the design checker.
    He must say that your control is not supported by form services.

Friday, February 18, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Thats the point, I am following all the appropriate steps mentioned from the start, yet I am seeing the "placeholder text is not supported" message, as shown in the screenshot. How do I move forward if the form wont upload?
    Friday, February 18, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Hi MTechie,

Thanks for your post.

Here is the summary issue as I understand.

Scenario: An InfoPath form was published to the SharePoint 2007 server. You get the error message “Choice Section control is not supported” during the process of verifying .

But there is no this error message when you check the form in InfoPath 2007.

Now, you can try to troubleshooting in the ways below:

1.       Cache Problem: Try to rename the InfoPath form and republish to the SharePoint Server, and check whether the issue is still existed.

2.       “PlaceHolder” Problem: Please remove all the “PalceHolder” control in the form, and then try to publish again;

3.       Other control is existed in the form: Remove the controls one by one, and check which control causes this error.

And the InfoPath form is needed to be edit in all of was above.

Thanks,

Wayne

• Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:14 AM
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Hi MTechie, 

Would you please let us know how is your problem going? Is the suggestion helpful for your issue?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Wayne

Friday, February 25, 2011 1:16 AM