none
AppointmentItem.ClearRecurrencePattern Method RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was trying to use the method AppointmentItem.ClearRecurrencePattern() on my appointment item for clearing the recurrence information's.

The scenario I face is ,

I have an Outlook appointment.

Inside the Appointments Item_Send event I am doing some custom operations. If the operations fails I am not sending the item by setting Cancel=true.

Once I do this  and clicked send again my Appointment act as a recurring Appointment with 10 occurrence which is not true. So I tried to use the specified method. But no changes in the Appointment Recurrence pattern.

Please let me know any one faced this issue and a fix. Also let me know if there are any specific way to use the above method to work as per the MSDN documentation.

Thanks in Advance.

Joerge

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:29 PM

Answers

• Are you in any way accessing the AppointmentItem.GetRecurrencePattern() method or accessing recurring properties on the item without checking IsRecurring == true first?

If you don't do that you'd end up creating a recurring item from the original non-recurring item with the default 10 occurrences.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Jorge403001 Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Joerge,

May I see your code? It looks like the cause is located in your code.

What Outlook version do you use? Is it up to date? Do you develop a VBA macro or COM add-in?

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:13 PM
  • Are you in any way accessing the AppointmentItem.GetRecurrencePattern() method or accessing recurring properties on the item without checking IsRecurring == true first?

If you don't do that you'd end up creating a recurring item from the original non-recurring item with the default 10 occurrences.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Jorge403001 Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:48 PM
  • True Ken,

I am calling the GetRecurrence() without checking the IsReccuring is true. Have made the necessary modifications and its working as expected.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:08 AM