none
Git and Visual Studio Update 2

Question

• I am about to install VS Update 2 but the installer says "Git for Windows will be removed" - it is compatible so why this message?
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

can you check the list of stuff that will be installed. When installing updates, I saw some elements listed 2 times. I thought that it is the old and new version.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:32 PM
  • Thanks for Konrad's help.

Hi vespaboydan1,

I think Konrad's suggestion was helpful, during we re-install the latest VS with update 2 using the "Custom" option, we would find that it has the package “Git for Windows”. So please make sure that you really enable that option, or it just removes the old one and re-install the latest one.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you check the list of stuff that will be installed. When installing updates, I saw some elements listed 2 times. I thought that it is the old and new version.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:32 PM
  • Thanks for Konrad's help.

Hi vespaboydan1,

I think Konrad's suggestion was helpful, during we re-install the latest VS with update 2 using the "Custom" option, we would find that it has the package “Git for Windows”. So please make sure that you really enable that option, or it just removes the old one and re-install the latest one.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:29 AM