WinRT information: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host this Error was showing while sending and receving data with a SSL/TLS server

Question

• I created a TCP socket using windows store app socket APIs

then i upgraded my TCP socket to TLS  by calling

UpgradeToSslAsync(SocketProtectionLevel::SslAllowNullEncryption,remoteAddress))

I can send and Receive data for only once.After that its showing an exception saying

Microsoft C++ exception: Platform::COMException ^ at memory location 0x082EF4E0. HRESULT:0x80072746 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I am not sure why connection get closed after successful upgradation of TCP to TLS

Whats is the resolution of this problem.Is the problem is on Server ?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:58 AM

All replies

• If it was me I would look at any logging that was captured on the side of the server you are connecting with to see why your connection is being terminated.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:54 PM
  • We looked at the server side.On server side it was terminating the connection. we are debugging it .But our server is doing well with the clients of a win32 application which has given SSL support using OpenSSL library.

As u know windows RT and store app have to use defualt APIs(upgradetoSSL) for SSL support.

Is there any compatibility issue with the servers if i upgrade SSL using defualt APIs  of windows store app? It is hard to guess as my  connection is getting terminated after successful handshake  and it can also send and receive data for once after upgrading to SSL.

• Edited by Fahad_Ahmed Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:02 AM typing mistake
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:31 AM
  • We created a streamsocket with SSL encryption in our windows store app client application.

Our server configuration uses SSL v 3.0 using openSSL third party library(As windwos RT till not provide any APIs for server configuration).

SSL handshake get successfull.(We manually add server certificate in our trusted root)

But the connection is getting closed after First send and Recv.We see that,when the server try to go for second send opearation connection is being closed.but we can continously send data to server if server doesnt try to send anything to the client.

Whats could be the issue.As windows store app doesnt use any client certificate ,Could it be a issue?if so,is there any way to use a client certificate?

Or Server configured with SSL v 3.0 using openSSL library is not compitable for Windows store app TLS/SSL connection.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:46 PM