locked
Xamarin.iOS errors after upgrade RRS feed

  • Question

  • User247661 posted

    I just upgraded my Xamarin in Visual Studio and my Mac and I can not find a resolution to this error that showed up after upgrading. Has anyone else started receiving these errors when they try to build their Xamarin Forms iOS application?

    Error - Compiling IB documents for earlier than iOS 7 is no longer supported. Error - ibtool exited with code 1

    Friday, September 22, 2017 9:15 PM

Answers

  • User18795 posted

    seems to build if I change the MinimumOSVersion in the Info.plist file to be 7.0 instead of 6.0

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 10:56 PM

All replies

  • User160889 posted

    Same here.

    Friday, September 22, 2017 9:57 PM
  • User18795 posted

    I'm having the same problem with vs2017 on PC. I did get it to run once, but then failed the second time

    Friday, September 22, 2017 10:36 PM
  • User18795 posted

    seems to build if I change the MinimumOSVersion in the Info.plist file to be 7.0 instead of 6.0

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 10:56 PM
  • User247661 posted

    Thank you @"DuaneCraw.8185" That was exactly what fixed this error.

    Monday, September 25, 2017 2:28 PM
  • User18795 posted

    In my case, I found out it was the LaunchScreen.storyboard file that was added when I originally generated the project that was causing the problem. I am not using a storyboard for launch (using launch images instead), so I found if I deleted the storyboard file I didn't need to change the MinimumOSVersion.

    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:06 PM
  • User215399 posted

    Thanks @"DuaneCraw.8185" your recomend solved my problem.

    Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:19 AM
  • User300016 posted

    Thank you @DuaneCraw.8185 That was exactly what fixed this error.

    Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:42 AM
  • User257861 posted

    @"DuaneCraw.8185" Thank you very much!

    Monday, February 26, 2018 5:52 PM
  • User301957 posted

    @"DuaneCraw.8185" Deleting the LaunchScreen.storyboard file worked for me. Thanks so much! Saved me a lot of time!

    Monday, April 23, 2018 4:16 PM
  • User379137 posted

    @"DuaneCraw.8185" said: In my case, I found out it was the LaunchScreen.storyboard file that was added when I originally generated the project that was causing the problem. I am not using a storyboard for launch (using launch images instead), so I found if I deleted the storyboard file I didn't need to change the MinimumOSVersion.

    Excelente soluciono mi problema, estoy trabajando en windows emparejado con una Mac

    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:25 PM