Error msg "The request is not supported" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am adding NetMon support in a vendor wireless LAN driver, when I click 'Apply' button in WiFi Scanning options, I got a error msg window which saying 'The request is not supported'.  Can anybody shed a light on this issue? i suspect that maybe some OID requests reply did not make application happy.

By the way, I got two OID query requests when open the WiFi scaning window, they are OID_DOT11_CURRENT_PHY_ID and OID_DOT11_CURRENT channel, which driver seems return the correct value.

Another problem I am seeing is, there are duplicate entris for 802.11g and 802.11n in WiFi scanning options window.

Thanks,

Kim

Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:11 PM

All replies

• I suspect you probably need to get help in a driver developer forum, but I will ask and make sure.

As for the duplicates entries, what exactly do you see?  waht entry is duplicated?

Paul

Monday, September 27, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Hi Paul,

There were duplicated 11g and 11n entries in WiFi scanning window, it's driver issue and has been resolved. Thanks for your reply.

Kim

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:20 AM
  • Is your question about supporting Wireless Monitoring in your driver also resolved?

Paul

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:45 PM
  • I just found some informaiton from our WiFi team and the want me to point you to this link which should have all the informaiton concering how to implement the Wireless Network Monitor Operation mode in your driver.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff568369(VS.85).aspx)

Thanks,

Paul

• Proposed as answer by Paul E Long Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:28 PM